Aspiring Minds is a global leader in job skills assessments and credentialing. We envision a merit-driven talent ecosystem enabled by efficient job skills matching enabled with reliable and intelligent assessments. Powered by machine learning, AI, psychometry and statistics, our state-of-the-art assessment tools are used by companies across a wide variety of industries to help them recruit the right people, develop requisite skills benchmarks, and to assess workforce health.
Products and Services
SVAR: SVAR enables automated evaluation of fluency, pronunciation, listening and comprehension of English language with consistency and accuracy. SVAR uses advanced speech recognition and machine learning algorithms to accurately gauge the quality of speech in various accents against a neutral accent.
Automata: Automata is world’s most advanced and only programming assessment that uses machine learning for grading programs. To grade a program, Automata goes beyond the simplistic test case criterion using its patent pending technology. Based on semantic analysis of the program and use of machine learning, Automata grades a program on how close a program’s implementation logic is to a possible correct solution.
Autoview: It is an AI powered virtual interview platform that mimics actual face to face interview. It automatically evaluates candidates’ body language, voice emotion and answer relevance. Autoview uses NLP techniques to automatically analyze content relevance, structure and grammatical errors.
Writex: It is a machine learning powered assessment of written English. Writex tool is capable of automatically identifying and reporting multiple grammar errors, typographical and spelling errors. It uses NLP to evaluated content score, structure and grammar for the text written by the candidate.
Other products include AMCAT, automated motor skill evaluation and automated email grading.
Subfields of AI Being Used
- Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
Uses AI for
- Automated Grading
- Recruitment Process Automation
Applies AI on
Varun Aggarwal: Varun is a researcher, entrepreneur, and author. He earned his Bachelor of Engineering degree at Delhi University and later went on to complete his Master’s degree at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He co-founded Aspiring Minds in 2008 to drive meritocracy in labor markets. Aspiring Minds is one of the largest employability assessment and job credentialing companies in the world. Varun heads research at Aspiring Minds. His work has led to the world’s first machine learning-based assessment of coding skills and the world’s first automated motor skills assessment. He has published more than 30 research papers and takes pride in the fact that the fruits of his research have improved millions of lives.
Rohit Takhar: Rohit received his bachelors in Computer Engineering from NSIT, New Delhi. At Aspiring Minds, he is working on the automatic assessment of programming problems. He is developing algorithms and tools for automated program repair and automated synthesis of correct programs.
Aspiring Minds’ AI team has 19 members.
Aspiring Minds has filed three patents in the US and three in India out of which one US patent has been granted.
- Open source machine learning libraries.
- Srikant, Shashank and Aggarwal, Varun. Introducing Data Science to School Kids. Proceedings of the 48th ACM Technical Symposium on Computing Science Education, 2017.
- Stemler, Steven E. and Aggarwal, Varun and Nithyanand, Siddharth, Knowing What Not to Do is a Critical Job Skill: Evidence from 10 Different Scoring Methods (September 2016). International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 2016.
- Singh, Bhanu Pratap and Aggarwal, Varun. Apps to Measure Motor Skills of Vocational Workers. Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, 2016.
- Singh, Gursimran and Srikant, Shashank and Aggarwal, Varun. Question Independent Grading Using Machine Learning: The Case of Computer Program Grading. Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2016.
- Singh, Bhanu Pratap and Aggarwal, Varun. An Automated Test of Motor Skills for Job Selection and Feedback. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Educational Data Mining, 2016.
- Aggarwal, Varun and Srikant, Shashank and Nisar, Harsh. AMEO 2015: A Dataset Comprising AMCAT Test Scores, Biodata Details and Employment Outcomes of Job Seekers. Proceedings of the 3rd IKDD Conference on Data Science, 2016
- Shashidhar, Vinay and Pandey, Nishant and Aggarwal, Varun. Spoken English Grading: Machine Learning with Crowd Intelligence. Proceedings of the 21th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2015.
- Shashidhar, Vinay and Pandey, Nishant and Aggarwal, Varun. Automatic Spontaneous Speech Grading: A Novel Feature Derivation Technique using the Crowd. Proceedings of the 53rd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics and the 7th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing, 2015.
- Srikant, Shashank and Aggarwal, Varun. A System to Grade Computer Programming Skills Using Machine Learning. Proceedings of the 20th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2014.
India, China, United States, Philippines, Middle East
*The data is as provided by the company.